Marie:

You might consider the rival approaches to explaining hypnotic responding;
traditional (state) views (held by the majority of
clinicians/practitioners) and the social-psychological (nonstate) approach
favored by many  researchers.

I'd also suggest you check out the latest volume of <see your subject
line> Current Controversies in Psychology. I'm not sure who published it
these days.

-Max Gwynn

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Marie Helweg-Larsen wrote:

> Hi Tipsters
> I would like to compile a list of current hot controversies in the field
> of psychology.  I can think of a couple (Harris' argument about the
> little influence parents have on their kids; the best explanation of
> gender differences) but would like to have a more complete list for my
> senior seminar students.
> Thanks
> Marie
>
> --
> Marie Helweg-Larsen, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor of Psychology
> Transylvania University
> 300 North Broadway
> Lexington, KY 40508-1797
> Office: (859) 281-3656
> Web page: http://www.transy.edu/homepages/mhelweglarsen/index2.html

Maxwell Gwynn, PhD                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Psychology                        (519) 884-0710 ext 3854
Wilfrid Laurier University
Waterloo, Ontario  N2L 3C5 Canada