> From: Maxwell Gwynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Current controversies in psychology

> Marie:
>
> You might consider the rival approaches to explaining hypnotic responding;
> traditional (state) views (held by the majority of
> clinicians/practitioners) and the social-psychological (nonstate) approach
> favored by many  researchers.

Max,

Could you explain this one for me?  I have little background in hypnosis, so
I'm unfamiliar with this particular controversy.

Thanks

Jim Guinee, Ph.D.
Director of Training & Adjunct Professor

President, Arkansas College Counselor Association
University of Central Arkansas Counseling Center
313 Bernard Hall    Conway, AR  72035    USA
(501) 450-3138 (office)  (501) 450-3248 (fax)

"The ballot is stronger than the bullet"
             -Abraham Lincoln