Hi Steve-

Just time for a quick response.  One of the best deals around is Bill
Miller's OpenStat http://scribers.midwest.net/wgmiller/  This is a FREE
stat package with an SPSS-like interface.  In addition to the program
Bill has written a FREE online text on how to use it.  Well worth
checking this out.

Regards,

-Don.

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Steve Milliser wrote:

> I am interested in getting feedback regarding the statistical package(s) used in the
>first course (undergraduate) in psychological/behavioral statistics.
>
> I would appreciate a short reply letting me know what package(s) you use or have
>used recently and what you feel are some of the advantages and disadvantages of
>that/those package(s).
>
> If there is interest, I will summarize and post to the list.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Stephen C. Milliser, Ph.D.
> Professor
> Department of Psychology
> Loras College
> Dubuque, IA 52001
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Don Allen                               email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dept. of Psychology                     voice: (604)-323-5871
Langara College                         fax:   (604)-323-5555
100 W. 49th Ave.
Vancouver, B.C.
Canada, V5Y 2Z6