On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Jim  Guinee wrote:

> Admittedly, a very unpleasant aspect of biblical Christianity is the belief that
> non-Christians go to a very bad place.  This should never be taken lightly by
> the church, and is cause for much suffering and grieving.  I don't like
> professing this belief one bit, but I don't see that professing it would make
> me judge and jury of the rest of my fellow earthlings.

Admittedly not a topic for TIPS, but fascinating to me, to have
Jim confirm this view so bluntly. Would not a God who would
condemn billions of otherwise blameless people to "a very bad
place" solely for not believing appropriately be an evil, cruel
and malicious entity? How can this be consistent with a belief in
a just, kind, and caring God?

-Stephen
Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
           Check out TIPS listserv for teachers of psychology at:
           http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/psyc/southerly/tips/