On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Gerald Henkel-Johnson wrote:

> I have a unique request.  A fellow instructor in our department is
> teaching a human sexuality class.  She mentioned she once saw a video
> which showed an elephant's erect prehensile penis (a quite stunning
> sight!).

A prehensile penis!!!! I'll bet it's a stunning sight. Could we
have more information about this, please? Are you sure she wasn't
confusing the penis with the trunk? And if it is prehensile,
what, pray tell, does it apprehend?  Inquiring minds can't wait
to find out.

-Stephen
Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
           Check out TIPS listserv for teachers of psychology at:
           http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/psyc/southerly/tips/