> At 08:42 AM 3/8/01 -0600, Jim  Guinee wrote:
>
> >The more I think of the "ideal age" theory, the more intriguing I find
> >it.  That's
> >the one where everything that is created looks older than it really is.  Of
> >course, it is a biblical and geological stretch, and I don't want to cling to
> >some theory simply because it cannot be disproven.
>
> Intriguing?  God really created the Earth a few thousand years ago, but
> (s)he made
> it appear as though it is billions of years old, with fossilized flora,
> fauna and excrement
> that never existed deeply buried, the Grand Canyon beautifully carved out,
> geographical
> strata artfully layered, glacier scratches along rock, and Adam with a
> navel.  Well, if
> nothing else, it proves that God is a much greater practical joker than the
> Bible suggests!
> Who needs a whoopie cushion when you can pull a stunt like that?

I see what you mean.  I hadn't given it much thought -- obviously -- it was
more like "hey, I've never heard that before" and don't have enough
background in the certain sciences to see the immediate difficulties.

Of course, I would have felt more edified without the sarcasm

Jim Guinee, Ph.D.

Director of Training & Adjunct Professor
President, Arkansas College Counselor Association
University of Central Arkansas Counseling Center
313 Bernard Hall    Conway, AR  72035    USA
(501) 450-3138 (office)  (501) 450-3248 (fax)

"FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!
It comes bundled with the software."