On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:13:34 -0600 Rick Stevens
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have all of my lectures on PowerPoint.  However, I went to a lot of trouble to
> collect backgrounds and graphics and sounds.  (Unlike the recommendations you
> will find for business users of PowerPoint) I never use slide templates.  I make
> my own background/font/graphics combinations, and I change them each time I
> change a topic.  By topic, I mean 5-10 changes in a 50 minute class.  It takes a
> *lot* longer, but it provides another cue that helps to add structure and
> variation to the process.  I try to make the graphics as relevant as possible,
> but an occasional irrelevant one (like Richard Nixon) will sometimes stand out.

Rick:

I like the idea of using a consistent background to indicate
that the material is connected to a particular topic, and then
switching the background to indicate a change in topic.  Thanks
for posting the info.

Ken

Kenneth M. Steele                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Associate Professor
Dept. of Psychology
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608