At 01:12 PM 5/1/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I recently had a student ask me about career options etc.  However, he is
>a non-traditional student (i.e., adult-learner) and has been getting some
>conflicting advice about career options.

I argue that admissions committees will see such applicants as serious,
mature people who have strong professional commitments (otherwise they
would not be considering grad school).  They certainly possess a degree of
valuable wisdom not present in young turks.  As for career, I know
therapists well into their 70s who continue to have full time
practices.  Quality therapy, unlike construction, is something not
restricted to the young and healthy.

Bill Ghiselli
Psychology Department
University of Missouri at Kansas City

"One man's fish is another man's poisson"