Thank you again to everyone who took the time to complete my little survey
about required courses at the undergraduate level. Again, this was just to
get a quick feel of what undergraduate programs are requiring in terms of
psychology courses. It was not meant to lead to anything beyond that.

I'm still sorting through the comments and putting together some breakdowns
of required courses for various types of institutions, sizes, etc.

For a preview of the results, follow the link below.
         http://www.psych.swt.edu/Turner/cs/results.php

It is important to note that the vast majority of respondents said they
were from 4 year schools that do not have graduate programs. For the most
part everyone agrees that intro, stats, and methods should be required.
Based on a quick read of the comments, most departments give the option of
choosing between courses within a given area (e.g., students must take
either Abnormal or Personality), hence a larger number of courses being
marked as optional rather than required.

FYI in response to some comments regarding the sizes I listed: We have
about 850 majors and around 350 minors in our department. Our student body
topped 23,000 this semester, and although we are large, we seem mid-sized
when compared to one of our closest neighbors (UT Austin with 50,000+). I
did expect most people to fall in the lower categories for # of students,
majors, minors, etc. I was just crossing my fingers and hoping I'd get some
get a couple.

Look for more detailed result info later on as my time permits...

And if you haven't filled it out yet, but want to do so:
         http://www.psych.swt.edu/Turner/cs/index.html

- Marc

G. Marc Turner, MEd, Net+
Lecturer & Head of Computer Operations