I have the same problem with my students also. They
keep asking questions that I have already answered for
them in their syllabus. This is just the "lazy"
student orientation of not wanting to read and easier
for them to just ask for quick answers. I do not give
quizzes about my course outline nor do I think it is a
good idea. I simply have my students sign a course
"contract" indicating that they have received, read,
understood and agree to the terms of the course
contract and turn it in to me. Then if any students
ask me a question that is answered in their syllabus I
simply say "please refer to your syllabus." This
forces students to make it a habit to refer to their
syllabus on a regular basis for important class
information that they need to do.

Regards,
Payam Heidary, M.A.
Professor of Psychology