I think in general people talk about what is a man's crime and what is a
woman's crime. I think the whole bloody mess that results from shooting has
more to do with avoiding using guns in general, than the ease of pulling a
trigger.

Similarly, you seldom see women taking up hunting. Hardly anyone hunts in the
US exclusively to get food for themselves or their family. So why aren't women
joining the men, or going out on their own? A girls' weekend out hunting. It's
so inconsistent with expectation it's almost fodder for comdey. You just never
hear about it. Messy and bloody and yucky.

So here is the bigger psychological question, are women raised to not like
blood and gore, or is there some biological predisposition to avoid blood and
gore? Hence women will prefer the cleaner ways of doing away with people, such
as poison. I'm not counting suicide in here because women clearly do shoot
themselves, but the premise is that they will not be around to deal with or see
the resulting mess.

Annette

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology