It is a tragedy.But I am surprised that tipsters are trying to intellectualize
the event. This collectivism and individualism
distinction is inappropriate for this situation and  Paul C.Bernhardt's
suggestion that she could have applied for jobs elsewhere is chauvinistic.
Btw,psychology should not be in the moral evaluation business.We are suppose to
analyze and explain.As a matter of fact even a touchy feely manual as the DSM
offers no guidelines for healthy mental health.DSM does not tell one how to
optimize one's psychological and behavioral
health.
However this event can be viewed within Dollard and Miller's
frustration-aggression hypothesis.
My suggestion is aggression should be nixed with aggression.
Members of tenure  committees should begin "packing heat.".
As a DJ I will not play "Sweet Home Alabama" for the good ole boys currently in
Daytona for the 500.

Michael"omnicentric" Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=582