I accept your apology, but not your qualifications or back door vindications.
And, Bob,
he didn't "gotcha anybody!"  First, just because someone else does something is
not a
vindication of doing something similar. (never have seen South Park).  Second,
one
supposed act of disrespect, again, doesn't excuse any other acts of disrespect.
 Third, I
don't buy that was I disrespectful of whomever or whatever in my message
referring to Ben
Stein.  Of what or whom was I "disrespectful?"  Not all people of science are
Mengeles;
not all people of science walk on the surface of the water!  As an historian,
who knows
something more than a tad about the history of science, I'll stand by every
word I said in
that message.   Oh, by the way, neither Stein nor I said "science equals
Nazism."  The
Nazi T-4 plan was an application by "men of science," however perverted, of
Herbert
Spencer's social Darwinism, which, in turn, twisted Darwin's Theory of
Evolution.  But,
you might also want to take a peek at Ulfried Gueter's The Professionalization
of
Psychology in Nazi Germany and Robert Lifton's, The Nazi Doctors, as well as
the records
of the medical trials of "men of science" at Nuremberg.  Or, you might want to
Google
"Mississippi appendectomy."  Off to my garden.  We had winter on Thursday and
summer hit
on Friday.

Make it a good day.

      --Louis--

Louis Schmier                                http://www.therandomthoughts.com

Department of History
http://www.therandomthoughts.edublogs.org

Valdosta State University

Valdosta, Georgia 31698                 /\   /\  /\               /\

/\/    \
/\

                                                       //\/\/ /\

                                                /\"If you want to climb