I second Mike Palij's post.  If you don't want to read a long, carefully
written post, then don't.  No one should chastise a TIPSter who posts an
academic, referenced post, because it's "too long."

I love the scholarly expertise that some of our more erudite TIPSters offer.
 I love that Allen Esterson and other select posters give us carefully
considered and annotated posts.  And we all know who they are!  (I started
to include the names of those whom I considered to be the best and brightest
but decided I'd better not list them because I'd be sure to forget someone
who deserved to make "My List."

But when we get a post from "Them," our computers light up.  Well, mine
does. I know whose to skim and whose to read carefully.

So, please keep 'em coming Allen et al.

Beth Benoit
Granite State College
Plymouth State University
New Hampshire

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Mike Palij <m...@nyu.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:00:41 -0800, John Serafin wrote:
> >To be as succinct as possible: I agree with Michael Smith here.
> >Stop the thesis level posts.
>
> Allen can respond for himself.  All I want to say is no one on
> Tips is obligated to read all of the posts that are made.  If one
> does read all of the posts and the only constructive thing that
> one can say is "the posts are too long", well, don't read them.
> It won't be on the exam.
>
> -Mike Palij
> New York University
> m...@nyu.edu