I just got rid of a Jeep Cherokee (a victim of the Great Rust God). The direction you rotated the key in the door lock to lock depended on whether you were locking the driver or the passenger side.

I thought I was suffering from all kinds of confusions until finally I discovered the rule. You rotate the key towards the front (to left on drivers side, to right on passenger side) to produce the same effect.

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph. D.                        steel...@appstate.edu
Professor and Assistant Chairperson
Department of Psychology                 http://www.psych.appstate.edu
Appalachian State University