On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:10:13 -0800, Allen Esterson wrote:
>Mike Palij wrote in response to my query:
>>Recently Pinker has been busier writing for popular audiences,
>>writing reviews, commentaries, etc. than publishing empirical
>>research reports but the short answer to your question is Huang
>>& Pinker 2010 (see list below)…. […]
>
>Thanks for the info, Mike. I was under the impression that in recent
>times he spent most of his time writing books and enjoying the life of
>a media superstar. :-)

Well, upon further examination, it appears that Pinker's ratio
of comments/reviews/yadda-yadda to empirical research is
about 10 to 1 (i.e., Pinker has a little over 200 publications
but only 22 or so appear to be empirical research reports;
these number were obtained from PsycInfo and Web of Science
and may be a little off).  So, he's doing a lot more "talking"
than research.

And it's hard out there for a media superstar. ;-)

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=15246
or send a blank email to
leave-15246-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu