From: Musselman, Robin [rmussel...@lccc.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:32 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] Status of SPSS

This semester we have had quite a to-do about getting SPSS for our students in
their statistics and methods classes.  It appears that first Pearson and now
Cengage has cut their relationship with SPSS.  As a community college,
obviously we need to teach what the transfer institutions are asking us to
teach and up until now it has been SPSS.

We are wondering if these changes in terms of getting student editions will
have any impact on the use of SPSS at four year colleges/universities.

Any thoughts?

Robin

Robin Musselman, EdD
Professor
Past President, Psi Beta
Kno Educator Advisory Board
Lehigh Carbon Community College
Schnecksville, PA 18078
phone:  610-799-1531<tel:610-799-1531>
email: rmussel...@lccc.edu<mailto:rmussel...@lccc.edu>

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and protected by law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or disclosure of this
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the original
message. Your compliance is appreciated.

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
tshea...@collegeofidaho.edu<mailto:tshea...@collegeofidaho.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13545.bae00fb8b4115786ba5dbbb67b9b177a&n=T&l=tips&o=20658

leave-20658-13545.bae00fb8b4115786ba5dbbb67b9b1...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-20658-13545.bae00fb8b4115786ba5dbbb67b9b1...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>