On 2/5/2013 8:55 AM, MiguelRoig wrote:

I shared the following with my department colleagues:

Have you ever received an invitation to be an editorial board member,
present or publish your work in a newly minted open-access journal or be
a guest speaker at international conference where you can showcase your
latest research? There is an interesting discussion in another list
about these phony journals or so-called "predatory publishers" and
someone posted a link to a site which keeps track of them:
http://scholarlyoa.com/2012/12/06/bealls-list-of-predatory-publishers-2013/.
Right now only a few of the journals are in the social sciences, but
given the rapid proliferation of these types of for-profit entities,
more journals in psychology and other disciplines will start to show up
in coming years or even months.

Enjoy.

Miguel

I have received all of the above. Lately, I have received several "Honorable Mentions" for which I am supposed to log into a news-digest service to view the list.

Anybody else been receiving those invitations?

Ken

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph. D.                        steel...@appstate.edu
Professor and Assistant Chairperson
Department of Psychology                 http://www.psych.appstate.edu