Strictly speaking, they have shown that brain activity in response to spoken
instructions can be detected and linked to a computer, and some interesting
observations about the interactions among the various brain structures
involved.  Thoughts are an inference.
BTW -- monkeys can do it to.
Can they think?

Paul Brandon