I would also be interested.  We don't have such a class but have discussed it.
We encourage students to seek advice from faculty and attend various seminars
given on such topics by admissions and our university's Career/Planning
Placement Office.  In addition, the Psych department holds an annual
Career/Grad school preparation seminar every Fall (this week actually).  We
have alumni talk, guest speakers, and faculty present info on their areas or
careers.  We provide handouts on careers, what our graduates do, etc.  I
typically coordinate and emcee, and try to leave time for student questions at
the end.  It is usually well attended and students appreciate it, but it is not
required and does require student initiative.
Take stock of what/where your students go after graduation?!

G.L. (Gary) Peterson,Ph.D
Psychology@SVSU

On Oct 14, 2013, at 4:22 PM, "Joel S. Freund" <jsfre...@uark.edu> wrote:

>                 Our department is working on developing a new (for us) course
> to cover those topics all of get asked, including:  What can I do with my
> degree in Psychology?  What graduate programs are there?  How do I go about
> applying to graduate school?  What do I need to apply?  What careers are
> available?  and most of the others you can think of.  We are thinking about
> a 2-credit course required of all majors, to be taken sometime before the
> senior year.  If any of you have such courses, I would appreciate any
> syllabi, information, etc. that will help use avoid the pitfalls.  We are
> particularly looking to have the course be an one-line course, so any help or
> sage advice (don’t do it?) along those lines would be extremely useful.
>
>                 Thank you in advance for all your wise counsel,
>

> Joel
>

> Joel S. Freund, Ph. D.
> Department of Psychological Science
> 216 Memorial Hall
> Fayetteville, AR 72701-1201
> (479) 575-4256 (Ph)    (479) 521-5672 (Fax)
>

> ---
>
> You are currently subscribed to tips as: peter...@svsu.edu.
>
> To unsubscribe click here:
> http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13445.e3edca0f6e68bfb76eaf26a8eb6dd94b&n=T&l=tips&o=28724
>
> (It may be necessary to cut and paste the above URL if the line is broken)
>
> or send a blank email to
> leave-28724-13445.e3edca0f6e68bfb76eaf26a8eb6dd...@fsulist.frostburg.edu

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=28725
or send a blank email to