How could I have not known what was coming response to my two words.  Ignoring
Mike's cordial and collegial tone, all I did was ask for extrapolation.
Personally, I don't argue in favor of the positive ratio.  I had my own doubts
about such a sure fire equation as I read Fredrickson's stuff.  I'm always
suspicious about anything that is magically sure-fire, even numbers.  But,
Anton only put up a citation.  So, I asked for a more fleshed out meaning,
inference, interpretation, reflection.  If you put aside that 3-to-1 apparent
overreach aside, there is good stuff in "Positivity," and "Love," what you call
the "squishy" and "soft" emotional concepts, which he is presently manifesting
in his message, with which I've experimented with and applied in class.  If
you've read her stuff, as well as that of Seligman, Lyubomirsky, Dweck, Deci,
Amabile, you'd be hesitant to throw the proverbial baby out with the bath
water.
Happy Halloween.

Make it a good day

-Louis-

Louis Schmier
http://www.therandomthoughts.edublogs.org
203 E. Brookwood Pl                         http://www.therandomthoughts.com
Valdosta, Ga 31602
(C)  229-630-0821                             /\   /\  /\                 /\
 /\
                                                      /^\\/  \/   \   /\/\__
/   \  /   \
                                                     /     \/   \_ \/ /   \/