From: William Scott [wsc...@wooster.edu]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 7:45 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re: [tips] When the Impossible is Shown to be Impossible: A Case Study
in Failing to Replicate

There are those who would argue that it is the peer review process that has
failed us by avoiding the publication of replication studies in favor of flashy
"discovery". As well many of the critics who have been accused of
cyber-bullying have argued that when the arguments have been made in the
abstract without specifically calling out individual researchers, there has
been little consequent action, but now they are getting results. Here is an
interesting post by James Heathers about what it feels like to be a so-called
cyber-bully.

https://medium.com/@jamesheathers/the-buck-stops-nowhere-8284a57c88c9

[https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*NPuM_JhIXSZIr3AcZ_S6mQ.jpeg]<https://medium.com/@jamesheathers/the-buck-stops-nowhere-8284a57c88c9>

The Buck Stops Nowhere – James Heathers –
Medium<https://medium.com/@jamesheathers/the-buck-stops-nowhere-8284a57c88c9>
medium.com
I wrote them all down in shorthand, then forgot about them. At least, for a
while. The reason why is simple: I have a job and writing, well, writing takes
time. The ...