Once upon a time Dale shaped the electrons to say...
> I just subscribed to DirectTV.  Everything went well (thanks for the
> advice).  However now when I am watching a show through just the
> DirectTV (not the Tivo)- the channel on DirectTV jumps to the
> channel that is being recorded by the Tivo.  The Tivo worked just
> fine in the background before I subscribed to DiectTV.  Whats up
> with this?

Any time the TiVo works with a set-top box - like a cable box or
satellite receiver - it MUST tune the box to the channel it needs to
record and CANNOT 'work in the background'.  It can only do that when
using its internal tuner - which only handles analog cable or analog
antenna.  (A S3/HD works with digital cable and digital antenna too,
but won't work with satellite at all.)

You simply cannot use your DirecTV receiver to watch something while
the TiVo is recording another program.

-MZ
-- 
megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, Geek, Human, me.
http://www.GizmoLovers.com/ http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ -><- Hail Eris
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171

Reply via email to