Once upon a time Dale shaped the electrons to say...
> I got Direct TV a few months ago & my Tivo will turn my D-TV's tuner
> to the channel I am watching.  The Tivo I have has two tuners, and I

OK, so you have the Series2DT.

> was wondering if there is a way to watch one channel while I am
> recording a different channel.  I know I could do this IF I opted to

Not with the setup you have.  The S2DT has two internal analog tuners
- they handle analog cable or analog antenna (which is now defunct).
It also has one A/V input and can take one external source - a cable
or satellite box, or an ATSC adapter box (for digital antenna).

Since you don't have any analog source (analog cable is the only
option now), the two internal tuners are useless.  So you're limited
to just one external source, your satellite receiver.

If you had a second satellite receiver, or one that can output two
different shows simultaneously (I know Dish has some models like that
- designed to support two rooms - don't know if DirecTV does) then you
could use the second receiver/output connected directly to your TV to
watch one channel live while the TiVo recorded something from the
other one.

And, of course, you can always watch a previous recording or download
while the TiVo is recording something new.

The good news is that TiVo and DirecTV are partnering again and will
be bringing out a new generation of DirecTiVo.  The bad news is the
launch has been pushed back from late 2009 into 2010.

-MZ
-- 
megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, Geek, Human, me.
http://www.GizmoLovers.com/ http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ -><- Hail Eris
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171

Reply via email to