MZ
I followed the instructions in the link you send on transfering shows to the 
PC. It took about 2 hours for a 2 hour movie but I got an excelent copy. 

I purchased Roxio and followed the instructions in the link on creating a DVD 
from the file on my PC. It took about 6 hours and both the video and audio were 
not digital quality. No better than I could have gotten by moving an analog 
copy to my PC and making a DVD from it. I was expecting the DVD to be the same 
quality as the original. Should't I have gotten original quality?

 Also should I be able to edit the tivo copy using Roxio to cut out the ads? So 
far I have not been able to do any editing of the tivo file. I downloaded the 
Roxio manual but haven't found it to help with tivo files.

Rister

--- In [email protected], MegaZone <ya...@...> wrote:
>
> Once upon a time jristerj shaped the electrons to say...
> > I have been monitoring this group for several months and I often
> > don't have a clue what your messages are about. I would like to
> 
> You'll pick it up over time. :-)
> 
> > learn more about the Tivo and what it can do. I purchased my Tivo HD
> > mainly so I could record OTA stations. I would like to be able to
> > make DVD copies of some of the movies and other
> > programs. Previously, I had Dish and used my PC (XP Media version)
> > to make DVDs. This involved going from digital to analogue, to
> 
> You'd still use the PC to burn the DVDs, but with TiVo getting the
> shows there should be easier, and all digital.  You use TiVoToGo:
> http://www.tivo.com/mytivo/howto/gettivoanywhere/howto_transfer_shows_pc.html
> 
> Once you have it there you can create DVDs:
> http://www.tivo.com/mytivo/howto/gettivoanywhere/howto_create_dvd_pc.html
> 
> While the *official* software is Roxio Creator, other DVD packages
> *may* be able to handle the .tivo file format transfers are in, I
> believe Nero does.  There are other, more geeky, options for stripping
> the DRM to expose the raw MPEG-2 contents that just about any burning
> software can use, but if you're not comfortable playing with DRM
> strippers and the like just using the supported software is the
> simplest option.
> 
> Now, you *may* run into programs with copyprotection that prevents
> them from being transferred from the TiVo to a PC via TiVoToGo, though
> I don't think this happens with OTA recordings.  If that happens
> you'd have to use the old method of the analog capture on the PC from
> the TiVo's A/V outputs.
> 
> For some basic information about using the TiVo itself, see:
> http://www.gizmolovers.com/getting-started-with-tivo/
> 
> -MZ
> -- 
> megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, Geek, Human, me.
> http://www.GizmoLovers.com/ http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ -><- Hail Eris
> "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171
>


Reply via email to