I wanted to wait a few days before reporting to make sure working properly.

Thanks to all who shared, Glenn, Jay and MZ. 

I disconnected the WD external drive. I lost most of my recording, but not all. 
I just disconnected the drive; I did not restore the system.  I maintained all 
of my season pass settings

Thus far it has recorded everthing completely; no freezes. Neither have I seen 
any period of slowness changing screen or accepting commands. Looks like MZ was 
right; it almost always the hard drive. 

I took the other advice and installed a fan in my entertainment center as a 
preventative measure.

In our post exchanges, several mentioned clearing the caches in Tivo Desktop. I 
never found this in the program. Is this something done in the directories. Any 
help is appreciated  

Thanks again.  I learned a lot and have learned from the other threads posted. 
Talk to you later

Sid

Reply via email to