Here is the short answer.....

find and download WinMFS it's a program that you can use to copy and/or 
backup tivo drives.  Read up on the website, the info is all there.

The type of hard drive you want is the "AV" type, I found only 3 options...

Seagate Pipeline (or the old drives were called Seagate DB35)
Western Digital AV or AV-GP (this is the one I got)
Hitachi Cinemastar (I didn't find any sources on line)

The Tivo HDXL is an SATA drive.  I recently installed a 1TB drive into my 
Tivo HD, copied all the contents of my original drive to the new one and 
reinstalled it, no problem except a strange capacity difference, but it 
works fine.



Glen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Lori" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 11:06 AM
Subject: [TiVo Central] Backing up a TIVO HDXL


> Is there a way to back up a TIVO like I back up my computer?
> I guess I want to make a bootable back up.
>
> If this is possible, how do I do it and what kind of drive do I need
> to get?
>
> Lori
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Reply via email to