Hi Lawrence,  I've been behind with unfun stuff. I looked at your picture. I 
thought I had some stuff, but I am in AWE!!!

I got my expansion drive as soon as Tivo pushed the update for my Series 3 so 
I'm guessing it's maybe 2+ years old. It was always mounted upright. Probably 
just got cranky. Thanks for the picture

Sid

--- In [email protected], Lawrence 'The Dreamer' Chen 
<thedrea...@...> wrote:
>
> Hmmm, that reminds me....when I originally got my TiVo HD, I had asked 
> if the orientation of the Expander drive mattered (was told it didn't). 
> Laying flat (on top of TiVo HD) rather than standing up was easier to 
> place into the wire shelf opening.  But, I had all sorts of problems 
> that seemed like a bad drive type things.
> 
> Though doing the Kickstart 54 didn't show any problems...
> 
> Later when I was reorganizing things...I removed stuff so that I could 
> stand up the drive (next to TiVo HD).  So far things have been much more 
> stable.
> 
> http://lawrencechen.net/pict/MyHT20090920.jpg
> 
> There is one small fan visible in this picture....there were 
> others....in process of replacing them...
> 
> sej357 wrote:
> > I wanted to wait a few days before reporting to make sure working properly.
> >
> > Thanks to all who shared, Glenn, Jay and MZ. 
> >
> > I disconnected the WD external drive. I lost most of my recording, but not 
> > all. I just disconnected the drive; I did not restore the system.  I 
> > maintained all of my season pass settings
> >
> > Thus far it has recorded everthing completely; no freezes. Neither have I 
> > seen any period of slowness changing screen or accepting commands. Looks 
> > like MZ was right; it almost always the hard drive. 
> >
> > I took the other advice and installed a fan in my entertainment center as a 
> > preventative measure.
> >
> >
> >
>


Reply via email to