Yes, I do have the credit card stored with Amazon and am set up with the one-click purchase option. I have tried renting directly from the amazon website but it's the same problem. I've gone over this several times with both tivo and amazon and neither can find any reason why it doesn't work. I can only get the free content from Netflix. Yes, I can stream Netflix to my laptop.
Which tells me that the 'path' is clear, it has to be something to do with the digital payment part. But no one seems to know what. I may have to just start over and set up new accounts with each and see if that works. Thanks, Sanr ----- Original Message ----- From: "MegaZone" <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 5:34 AM Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] TiVo doesn't pick up movies To rent movies from Amazon you need to have a credit card stored in Amazon with one-click authorized for their video on demand content (doesn't have to be on for everything). If you've linked your TiVo to Amazon you should be able to go to the Amazon website and rent/buy a title from there. Try doing it that way, if it works from the website then you should be able to go and do it from the TiVo interface as well. For Netflix you need to have a paid Netflix account that allows streaming, but if you have it you should just have to link the account, there is no additional payment. Are you getting the error with non-free Netflix content too? Can you stream Netflix on a PC? On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 19:09, s.l-c.o <[email protected]> wrote: > I have been trying unsuccessfully to download movies through my TiVo but I > always get an error message saying that I am not set up for Digital > Payment. > This also happens if I try to use Amazon also.(But I can get the free > movies > from Netflix.) > I have gone over this with both of these companies and I am told that I am > set up alright from their side but > I still get this error message. > > I have everything connected properly electronically, and made sure cookies > was allowed, et but after entering the requested code I still get the > error. > I don't know where to go next.----- > > > > > two years and I put QUITE a lot of traffic through it (including Tivo > running netflix) and never have trouble with it. > > -Bill Kearney > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > -- [email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me. www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
