I have held off jumping into the Cable Card ring based (partly) on the fact
that it seemed to take cable companies a lot of trial and error to get TiVos
working with Cable Cards.

For a company like Comcast (Seattle area if it makes a differerence), has
setting up a cable Card in a TiVo HD become old hat such that I can now
consider it? And if so which kind of Cable Card(s) would I need for a TiVo
HD (or HD XL)? And do I need to be concerned about switched digital video?
(I read about issues with SDV when researching the 3-tuner Moxi).

For comparison I am currently using the Hughes HDVR2 (DirecTiVo) on DirecTV,
but 10-12 years of urban and arboreal sprawl has take its toll on my view of
the low southern sky (I am on the north side of a tall hill) and I am
getting more and more instances of "wind fade". Relocating the dish (or even
my family for that matter) is not a viable option.

Thanks ... Mike


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to