Well, I have 2 S3's and 1 S4. I have an older TiVo Glo Remote controlling the S3's, so 1-2 switch to select between them. And, I have a newer TiVo Glo Remote controlling the S4 (the factory remote was defective, and TiVo support sent me a Glo remote)....now I need something to tell the remotes apart better.
Was planning to get the qwerty remote for the S4... but that was before the update for the S3's (guess I'm glad they haven't been forgotten yet). Wonder if there's a way to use a USB/KVM and wireless keyboard...or something.... At the moment, a keyboard would be a bit more handy for the S3's....since they are empty machines in need of new programs. I recently replaced the 500G My DVR Expanders with 1TB My DVR AV Expanders on both of them. Though the S4 is kind of full of the stuff I transferred to it. Of course, there are shows on there that I've transferred that have been unwatched from before last summer...when I held off on doing the external drive upgrades because they hadn't been watched yet. On 09/06/2010 12:39, Glen Farney wrote: > First, I think it only works with S3/S4 boxes, not S1 or S2. > > I suspect, but don't know, that the BT receiver may be specific to the unit, > maybe they are paired before shipment, not sure. In order to use the remote > on another box, you'd have to have more BT receivers, and with the remote it > may only pair to one device at a time, so even if you got more than one BT > receiver, switching between them would be tedious. > > My remote from the S3 box has a 1-2 switch for which TiVo to control, it's a > basic remote with no learning or glow that came with the unit. > > Glen > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Lawrence 'The Dreamer' Chen" <[email protected]> >> Anybody know how the remote works in a multiple TiVo environment? >> >> Can I use one keyboard with all of my TiVo's? Or do I (can I?) have to buy >> 3 >> for each of my TiVo's?
