Thanks for that  explanation. When you say 'lose' are you talking about 
extra channels you
could add to the already lineup you have, or do you mean when you lose a lot 
of channels due to lost signals such as the problem I was just experiencing? 
It wasn't the analog channels I lost but the HD channels. I have the cable 
card M.


sandra



They give it to you at no charge if required.  If you aren't missing half of
your channels, you don't need it.  Charter notified me about a month in
advance to set up an appointment when they rolled it out here a few months
ago.  The initial installation went well, it worked 95%, it was that last 5%
that had the issue.

I did a quick check on what channels I lose without the tuning adapter, it's
a lot, but not all.  Generally speaking it's the less watched channels, the
major networks were still there, all the analog channels still work, but
it's the cable only networks that seemed to be on SDV.

Charter knows who has cable cards, it's generally a short list of the
customers, and only those with cable cards need a tuning adapter (and not
even all of them).  Generally speaking, the tuning adapter simply talks to
Charter's system, letting them know what channel you wish to watch at any
given time, the system responds by passing that channel and telling the
tuning adapter info so that Tivo can tune to it properly.  Tivo can't talk
to the system, hence the need for the tuning adapter.  And this is ONLY if
they have implemented SDV, and while it's been around for 4 years or more,
it's not implemented everywhere.

Glen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "s.l-c.o" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2010 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] New problems... and final updates


> Can this be purchased  or rented from Charter?
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



Reply via email to