In article
<AANLkTi=tquahkphuzudgac2hmiwis5gzvnf8f3kew...@mail.gmail.com>,
 David Cortesi <davecort...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On my Mac I have a window. Inside of this window i have : This is Tc/Tk
> > version 8.4 .............
> >
> > Another thing
> > In python 3.1 when i try to use ttk i have an error message about package
> > tile
> >

> This is a problem that I encountered and was discussed in several messages
> on this list a few months ago. Look in the list archives for August,
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tkinter-discuss/2010-August/thread.html
>
> The problem is that Apple distributes Tcl/Tk 8.4 with OS X, located in
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework and Tk.framework. You have also
> installed a later Tcl/Tk but alas, the location of Tcl/Tk is compiled into
> the tkinter module as the default Apple location. Thus tkinter will always
> load the old version.

That's not quite accurate.  With Mac OS  X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Apple
distributes both a Tcl/Tk 8.4 and 8.5 and does not distribute a Python
3.x, only Python 2.6 and 2.5.  If you are using a Python 3.1.x installer
for Mac OS X from python.org, it is linked only with Tk 8.4, although
you can install a more recent version of Tcl/Tk 8.4 from ActiveState.
Python 3.2, which is scheduled to be officially released this weekend,
will have two OS X installers, one only for OS X 10.6 and linked with
Tcl/Tk 8.5.  However, there are a number of serious problems with the
version of Tcl/Tk 8.5 currently supplied by Apple with OS X 10.6;  to
successfully use tkinter (and IDLE) with this version you must also
install the most recent ActiveState Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 version for OS X.

--
 Ned Deily,
 n...@acm.org