In article
<AANLkTikjiRkNQzEQx8CMybQ=ymuiksos-vomzghqq...@mail.gmail.com>,
> Will the new python.org package do something smart, like finding all Tcl/Tk
> frameworks at install time and offering the user a choice? Or by using a
> shell variable in tkinter to locate Tcl/Tk dynamically at run time?

As I explained in another reply, all recent python.org installers (in at
least the last two years, as far as I recall) are built so that at
runtime Tkinter (2.x) or tkinter (3.x) will attempt to dynamically link
with a Tcl/Tk in /Library/Frameworks (the location where ActiveState
versions are installed) and, if not found, fall back to the
Apple-supplied version in /System/Library/Frameworks.

--
 Ned Deily,
 n...@acm.org