Hi Rich,

The security community thinks that compression is risky, error-prone,
and that a security/auth layer is the wrong place to put it.

So far, the only counter-argument has been "if TLS 1.2 has a flaw, I
want to move to TLS 1.3 without losing data compression."

Is this accurate?

Thanks for that checkpoint in the discussion!

I think the counter-arguments given so far all fall in that sentence. Maybe we could say "if TLS 1.2 has a flaw or if I want to benefit of the new facilities provided with TLS 1.3" to be more general.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« – Je ne peux que vous proposer l'étable…
  – Comment s'appelle ce village ?
  – Bethléem, je crois ! » (Astérix)