On 23/09/15 06:55, Tony Arcieri wrote:
>  They should not be relying on a poorly conceived feature
> which has been repeatedly demonstrated to introduce vulnerabilities in what
> is supposed to be a *security protocol* just because they don't want to
> implement compression themselves.

I see people asserting that doing compression as part of a security
layer results in bad security.  I see other people asserting that
a compression layer above a security layer is both sufficient and
the way to go.  I see existing applications who are using a
transport _service_ which used to (allegedly) provide both
security and compression.

Why is it not possible for TLS1.3 to provide that same service
combination, but implemented by design in a layered fashion?
--
Cheers,
  Jeremy