Hi,

Here are the scenarios we would be interested to see covered by this CID extension.

1. Clients in unstable IP environment (like NAT)
2. stateless middlebox (like load balancer) with mixed CID and no CID connections. 3. stateless packet introspection (wireshark), with mixed CID and no CID connections.

Linkability is not an issue for us, we have almost the same kind of linkability than with fixed IP.

Point 1. seems already supported.
Points 2. and 3. seems not ok for now because its not so easy to know if a record contains a CID or not.

To know if a record contains a CID, the proposed solution in this thread are:
- using content type (not sure to see how?)
- using version (not available in DTLS 1.3? impact on current implementation?)
- add a MAC for CID (bandwidth cost?)

I don’t know which one could be the best, but I have one question: how to know the CID length for stateless middlebox or packet introspector ?

Simon