On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 10:48:32AM +0900, Christopher Wood wrote:
> As discussed during yesterday's meeting, we would like to assess
> consensus for moving draft-ietf-tls-hybrid-design forward with the
> following strategy for allocating codepoints we can use in
> deployments.
>
> 1. Remove codepoints from draft-ietf-tls-hybrid-design and advance
>    this document through the process towards publication.

Support.

> 2. Write a simple -00 draft that specifies the target variant of
> X25519+Kyber768 with a codepoint from the standard ranges. (Bas
> helpfully did this for us already [1].) Once this is complete,
> request a codepoint from IANA using the standard procedure.

I have a concern with this:

The draft draft-tls-westerbaan-xyber768d00-00 references
draft-cfrg-schwabe-kyber-01, which has a number of annoying mistakes,
since fixed in editor's copy.

And then, the correct reference for X25519 is probably RFC7748 instead
of RFC8037...

Really quick and dirty way to fix this would be to publish editor's
copy as draft-cfrg-schwabe-kyber-02 (or if CFRG adapts quickly, the
RG-00), and then publish draft-tls-westerbaan-xyber768d00-01, fixing
the references.

-Ilari