Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-d...@dukhovni.org> wrote:
> For what it is worth, my agenda/perspective has never been to weaken
encryption.

Right, I wrote that your message was not something that advocated weakened
encryption.

> Given that TLS 1.2 will be around for quite some time

Not clear.

> Whatever else we do, we should not default to questioning the motives of
others

I don't think anyone did that (including me). The question is whether the
IETF should state that continuing work on TLS 1.2 is not worth doing.

There are drafts that champion TLS 1.2 flaws in the name of
"observability". So, it's easy to understand that not everyone agrees here.
That's why I think it's best to document the IETF consensus.

thanks,
Rob