Hi,

Isn't this issue already in "RFC 9325 - Recommendations for Secure Use of
Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security
(DTLS)"? (BCP 195)

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9325.html#section-4.1

So, that's IETF consensus. It's easy to find things that still do this, but
I don't think there's any need to name-and-shame.

Maybe this draft is a little stronger than RFC 9325, but it should probably
make the relation clear. They share a lot of references. For example,
"Practical Invalid Curve Attacks on TLS-ECDH" (Jager, 2015). I think it's
the same paper, but the ICA reference in
draft-ietf-tls-deprecate-obsolete-kex is broken for me.

I don't have any strong opinions on this one. I just find the paperwork
confusing.

thanks,
Rob