Kai Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> the (very usefull) challenge/response mechanism puts in the email
> address of ONE user. So if [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes to me, he
> finally gets a line in my confirmed auto-whitelist.  The (open)
> question is? Is it possible to make "name1" open up the whole
> "domaine.tld", so that [EMAIL PROTECTED] would be accepted without
> going through that challenge/response cycle?

This isn't possible currently, but it could be.

> Or does that make no sense? Of course I would not like some guy to
> open up aol.com, rather a small (unknown) domain ...  So this should
> be optional. But then again, I might as well put it into my normal
> whitelist.

I suppose whether it makes sense depends on your needs and spam
tolerance.  Such a feature would make your TMDA more liberal in what
it accepts which potentially opens you up to more forged spam, but
also makes things easier for other users of the domains you
correspond with.

> Not sure myself ...

Me either.  :-)

> Question 2:
> Is it usefull to open up communication up-front, if I write activly
> to that user? I email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (for the first time) and
> do not want name3 to be "annoyed" by autoconfirm, nor do I want to
> change my actual whitelist.

I think this is very useful.  TMDA FAQ 5.5 lists a couple of
techniques that accomplish this.

http://tmda.net/faq.cgi?req=all#5.5