On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 06:36:33PM +0100, tim wrote:
>well, I've looked into the little problem of two
>tmda's talking to each other. I do think it's a
>problem to take seriously as email could be lost in
>this way.
>
>I had a long look at section 5.5 of the FAQ which
>talks about this.

That's not the FAQ entry that you need to look at.  You need to look
at 4.12.  In practice, two TMDA's can work together perfectly well if
they're configured correctly.  And if your TMDA is configured incorrectly,
I can still interract with you without any problems.  You just won't be
able to interract with me until you fix your TMDA configuration.

The brain dead simplest way to prevent two TMDA's having problems when
they interract is to automatically generate a dated address and use it in
your outgoing envelope address.  Then whenver you send an email to someone
who is using TMDA (whether their TMDA is configured correctly or not)
their confirmation request will be sent to my dated address.

>Hmm, I feel that this problem is
>not yet solved in TMDA.

Maybe you can help by explaining what part you think isn't working.

>Could someone here give me a hand in putting in the
>right string in the ~/filters/incoming ?
>
>I do know that they are other more complicated and
>secure solutions there, but I'm trying to make this
>so "normal" people can use it and not go mad trying
>to do so. I'll keep looking though!

I think that the solution you've chosen is a poor solution.  A much better
and simpler solution is to do two things:

1) Setup your outgoing filter so that the very last line is:

        to * tag from bare envelope dated reply-to dated

2) Set the following in your ~/.tmda/config

        ADDED_HEADERS_CLIENT = { "X-Primary-Address" : "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" }

(Of course, you should replace "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" with your email address,
and not mine.)

Do these two things and you should not have any problems.

Cheers,
- Mark