"Todd A. Jacobs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> I'm not able to get it to run on my Mac --
>> halfdane:~/Desktop jasonrm$ ./qbrowse.tk
>> Error in startup script: child process exited abnormally
>>     while executing
>> "exec egrep ^From: $FileName"
>>     ("foreach" body line 2)
>>     invoked from within
>> "foreach FileName [glob *] {
>>     set From [exec egrep ^From: $FileName]
>>     set Subject [exec egrep ^Subject: $FileName]
>>     regsub {^From: } $From {} ..."
>>     (file "./qbrowse.tk" line 109)
>
> The error is from exec, which is trying to run egrep. I'm assuming that
> you don't have egrep in your path. I've rewritten that section of code
> to remove the dependency on egrep, although I still depend on fgrep
> elsewhere. Try Revision >=5, and see if that fixes it for you.

egrep and fgrep come installed in /usr/bin on OS X, so they were
definately in my path.

This is on Linux now, but I get a different error --

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/Desktop$ ./"qbrowse(2).tk"
Error in startup script: error reading "file6": illegal operation on a directory
    while executing
"gets $fh"
    ("foreach" body line 5)
    invoked from within