"Todd A. Jacobs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> on, I can code around it in my testing. But I don't really think
> that's a substitute for real robustness. A program can complain or
> validate/reject data, but it shouldn't *die* or close unexpectedly
> without providing a way to correct the problem. A failure to handle
> a use case *is* a bug by definition, isn't it?

Well, Python's way of showing what the problem is is to throw up an
exception, which is all the garbage you are looking it.  In that sense
it's not just "dying".  It's trying to tell you what went wrong before
bailing out of the cockpit.  If you're a python programmer it's
actually pretty nice as it allows you to trace where the problem
occurred.