From: "Karen Doyle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: [TMIC] Newly Diagnosed/Mild case
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:50:13 -0500

I am newly diagnosed with TM; had the typical “girdling” symptom at onset.  Received Solumedrol/prednisone course.  Two months “out”, I have constant myelopathy (burning, painful skin tenderness) in both thighs and intermittent symptoms aggravated by sitting:  I get substantial pain across my lower lumbar area and down my legs and my legs get extremely “heavy”.  My gait is somewhat compromised when these symptoms present.   I am also more fatigued than pre-TM… Are these common TM complaints?

I am thankful that these are my only residual symptoms but I am hoping for more improvement.  But I am wondering if there’s anything I can do to HELP them improve…like supplements (omega-3 fish oil, Neurosol) or exercise???

I would appreciate any thoughts…

Karen