My husband, who doesn't have TM, is affected when he eats shrimp. It makes him jittery and makes his heart pound. Sometimes it sends him to the bathroom with urgency. But he still eats them because he likes them.

I was hit with TM more than 10 years ago and haven't noitced any affect. It may be that this man just has a sensitivity to shellfish that was so slight before he didn't notice it but now with TM it affects him more. My neurologist told me my system was more sensitive to stimuli in general, so even things like not getting enough sleep or having a slight cold affected me in ways it hadn't before TM.

Barbara H.