Linda in Bothell, WA

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I don't write often, but I read the posts every day.  I am 63 and I have had TM since May of 2001.  I can walk short distances like from my front door down the sidewalk to a car, and then my legs get weak, and I have to sit a while.   I have very little use of my fingers, hands, and arms which makes it impossible to hold anything like a fork or book or newspaper, or bathe or dress myself.

You can imagine me trying to go to the bathroom.  I have had chronic diarrhea over 4 years until last week.  I asked my doctor to prescribe Lyrica instead of Neurontin.  So far it is working great for me and no more diarrhea three times a day!  What a blessing to be regular again and no more accidents.  I wish my doctor had found Neurontin was causing it long ago, instead of treating me for Crohn's Disease.  Thanks to this website I have learned so much about TM and its treatment.  I now take 75 mg. of Cymbalta once a day, 50 mg. of Lyrica 3 times a day, Oxytrol patches, and Proamatine for low bp twice a day.  Next week I will increase the Lyrica to 75 mg.

Lyrica is helping my mobility just a little more than Neurontin, but my legs feel colder.  Its side effects for me are thirst and insomnia.

Thank you, my friends, for sharing your experiences.  I am feeling so much better.

Priscilla in TN

My prayers are with Tom Carr's family and friends.  I do believe he has passed away.