"But being calm and trying to relax and just accept things, and trying to go forward a bit
at a time, seems to work much better for me."

As sure as I write this, I'll probably start getting depressed.  :)  Or maybe I'm just too naive to recognize that I am depressed.  But so far, I haven't felt depressed, even though at this point I've been out of work a whole year - the last 7 months on leave w/o pay, and had to refinance my house just to live.  (One of my daughters' friends even told her that I must be depressed; that I'm just in denial.)

From the very beginning, I've felt there are things I need to learn from this experience.  And I am learning a lot, but apparently not enough yet, I guess, b/c I'm still not fully healed!  :)  Of course, I still get frustrated a lot, experience pain, etc.  But that's not depression.  But then, I've only been here a year, and I've been said to have 'a light case'.  So I'm not saying that there's no reason for someone to be depressed - I'm just saying I'm not.  Certainly everyone doesn't feel depressed, do they?

I'm not trying to be funny or smart, but I think that would be depressing, if everyone was, so I just wanted to speak up for those who aren't, kind of as a sign that maybe it will get better.  (Or maybe some of you will want to tell me, it will get worse?     )

Sally