Hi Gary - I have TM - lesion at C3-C4,C4-C5 - I saw it on my MRI. My Neurologist says that she believes I do not have MS (MANY brain MRIs) but "will not rule it out" I think she is just trying to cover her own ass. She sent me for a spinal tap because she thought I had Hydrocephalus, and by removing some fluid it would relieve pressure on brain & spinal chords - didn't do a thing.

BERNIE BUTCHER - NY

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:32 PM
To: TMIC List
Subject: [TMIC] neuro appt.

I had my 2nd appt. with a neurologoist today.  The 3 MRIs showed no new lesions.  The evoked response tests must have come out o.k. also.

I'm a little confused though because the Dr. said I really don't have a true diagnosis (even though I have a copy of my first MRIs from two years ago that says Transverse Myelitis) since there is nothing to say things could not change anytime and I could have MS, just no new symptoms.

But for now I am going to stick with the original "diagnosis" of idiopathic TM since my original lesion is still the only one seen on the tests.  He did say to see him right away if there are any new symptoms.

 He mentioned (but didn't push it) my having a spinal tap.  But he said on that, if it came out positive for MS--then I have MS.  If the spinal tap came out negative, that doesn't mean it couldn't change later and be postive for MS.

SO THE ONLY TRUE DIAGNOSIS--IF I UNDERSTAND HIM RIGHT--IS TO BE POSITIVE FOR MS!

I did start taking the Dantrolene a week ago--one 25 mg. per day but will increase to 2 a day.  I don't see much difference yet as far as stiffness but haven't had much as way as spasms.

Gary in Michigan