I take 600mg 4 times daily and absolutely know that it works for me.  I was
taking it every 8 hours and the pain became too intense before it was time to
take the next pill so I asked my Neuro if I could  increase to every 6 hours.
He had no problem with 2400mg daily.  He said I could go up to 3600mg if
needed.  Sometimes I need to take my pills as early as five hours apart, but
that's when I pushed myself a little too much or when there are big weather
changes.  I sometimes think it would be nice to be drug free, but it's more
important to have a life with less pain.  Neurontin doesn't remove all pain,
but it dulls it enough to let me function.  Don't give up on something that
helps!
Patti  - Michigan